The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Retread Technician in Denver, Colorado
As a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers Retread Technician you will perform retreading functions for light and medium truck, bus and specialty tires. This position functions in a manufacturing environment at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center's Commercial Tire facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through a series of manual and automated processes. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Inspecting and buffing tire carcasses for retreading.
- Applying rubber compounds to retread the tire.
- Curing retreaded tires.
- Quality control of finished product.
- Scanning tires in at each retread step to ensure accuracy of where each tire is currently located.
- Observing and complying with all safety and liability guidelines and policies.
- Using protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines.
- Any other duties requested by management.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing preferred.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be goal oriented and able to consistently meet quality and production requirements.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Some shift work and/or work on Saturdays may be required.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.